The Constitution Of Daistallia 2104
Knowing that only those who both actively exercise and actively defend their freedom remain free, we resolve to strengthen our liberties and democracy, in order to establish and promote freedom and democracy for both ourselves and our posterity. We, the various peoples of the Confederated Cantons of Daistallia 2104, in order to secure and provide for ourselves and our posterity said liberty and democracy all over this land, by promoting the domestic peace and the common defense, by securing the blessings of justice, and by protecting the rights of individual citizens, for both ourselves and our posterity, do hearby establish and promulgate this Constitution.
Article I: General Provisions
Provision 1: Purpose
(1) The Confederation protects the liberty and rights of the people and safeguards the independence and security of the Confederated Cantons.
(2) The Confederation promotes common welfare and prevents unwarrented intrusion, or use of force.
(3) The Confederation ensures equal opportunities for all citizens to the extent possible.
Provision 2: Rule of Law
(1) The law is the basis and limitation for all activities of the state.
(2) State activity must be in the public interest and proportional.
(3) State institutions and private persons must act in good faith.
Provision 3: Individual and Social Responsibility
(1) Every being is responsible for themselves.
(2) No responsible adult being shall be held responsible for the acts of another responsible adult being.
Provision 4: Soverenty and Confederation
(1) The Cantons shall be a sovereign state to be known as The Conederatated Cantons of Daistallia 2104.
(2) Each Canton shall retain its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not expressly delegated to this Confederation.
(3) The several Cantons hereby severally enter into a league of friendship with each other, for their common defense, the security of their liberties, and their mutual and general welfare, binding themselves to assist each other, against all force offered to, or attacks made upon them, or any of them, on account of religion, sovereignty, trade, or any other pretense whatever.
(1) The Confederation shall be voluntary.
(2) Any Canton wishing to server it's ties may do so according to the provisions of this constitution.
Provision 6: Supremacy of the Constitution
(1) This Constitution is the supreme law of the land and any law enacted by the Legislature after the commencement of this Constitution which is inconsistent with this Constitution shall. to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.
(2) This constitution shall be the fundamental law and the basis and limitation for all activities of the state.
(3) All state activity shall be carried out be in the public interest and shall be proportional.
(4) All state institutions and private persons shall act in good faith in carrying the provisions set forth in this constituition.
Provision 7: No Surrender of Sovereignty
(1) There shall be no surrender or transfer, either wholly or in part, of the sovereignty of this republic as an independent nation.
(2) Furthermore, there shall be no relinquishment of control over the armed forces or police forces.
(3) The government shall respect international law.
(4) The government shall not enter any treaty which contradicts this constitution.
Provision 8: Participation in Co-operative International Schemes
(1) Nothing in the precceeding Provisions shall be construed as precluding the government from participating or co-operating in international enterprises or undertakings.
(2) Enterprises of various nature with other sovereign states, international bodies, or organizations, whether economic, financial, industrial, social, cultural, educational or other, whose object or purpose is, or appears to be, beneficial or advantageous to the Federation of Daistallia 2104 in any way, shall be permissible.
(3) Enterprises of various nature with other sovereign states, international bodies, or organizations which contradict this constitution, are impremissible.
Provision 9: Tasks of the Confederation and the Cantons
(1) The Confederal government and the Cantons shall accomplish the tasks which are attributed to it by the Constitution.
(2) The Confederal government shall assume the tasks which require uniform regulation.
(3) The Cantons shall define the tasks which they shall accomplish within the framework of their powers.
(4) Neither the confederation not the Cantons shall seek to regulate or accomplish tasks not set out in this constitution.
Provision 10: Confederational Co-operation
(1) The Confederation and the Cantons shall collaborate, and shall support each other in the fulfillment of their tasks.
(2) The Confederation and the Cantons owe each other mutual consideration and support. They shall grant each other administrative and judicial assistance.
(3) Disputes between Cantons shall, to the extent possible, be resolved through negotiation or mediation.
(4) Insoluble disputes shall be dealt with by provissions set forth below.